Coronavirus: How to get Help

Sign up here for coronavirus support as an extremely vulnerable person from the UK Government.

Request support from Liverpool City Council.

The Brain Charity can also help anyone with a neurological condition, their family and carers with shopping, collecting prescriptions, etc.

If you need help, please get in touch: Email The Brain Charity or call us free on 0800 008 6417 (Monday-Friday: 9am-4.30pm)

A carer is someone who cares for a family member or friend who needs help with everyday living. The carer is not paid for doing this.

As a carer, you have rights under the Care Act of 2014. You may be entitled to claim a benefit called Carer's Allowance.

A carer who needs support to carry out their role as a carer can ask for their own assessment by the local council. This Carer's Needs Assessment is specifically about the carer's needs - and is not about those of the person they care for:

Contact the social services department of the council covering the area where the person you care for lives, and ask for a needs assessment.

More advice and support

  • Carers UK
    Charity giving carers information, advice and support
    • Find your local support
  • Carers Trust
    Charity for, with, and about carers
  • Carers Direct
    Free helpline for carers on 0300 123 1053 (Mon-Fri 9am-8pm; Sat and Sun 11am-4pm). You can ask for a translator.
    You can also get help by email.

More information

Visit our library to read our copy of the Disability Rights UK booklet Your Guide to the Care Act: What you need to know about social care in England.

Help for carers