24th March: Coronavirus: Following Government guidelines, the building is now closed until further notice.
Coronavirus: We will continue to take referrals to the Directions project but individuals will be supported via telephone and e-mail.
- Coronavirus and claiming benefits (Universal Credit website)
Our employment advisors are available to help and support you with certain employment related issues. We also have a page of employment FAQ's, and a page of links to other sites for more information and support.
The type of support you can expect from us is:
Guidance on alternative careers and re-training
- Help with CV writing and interview preparation.
- We can spend time exploring new career opportunities, work trials and apprenticeships that suit your needs.
- Advice on starting your own business.
- We offer a tailored programme of short courses on subjects such as confidence building and basic literacy skills at our national centre in central Liverpool.
- Supported volunteering opportunities to help you take your first steps back into paid employment, or to help you gain experience.
- Counselling to help you work through any psychological barriers you might have stopping you from going back to work.
- You can also read our employment FAQ and our list of employment links.
- We can also refer you to specialist legal advice should you require it.
Cluster Headache and employment
- If you suffer from Cluster Headache you could provide some of this information to your employer. You can provide them with copies of the information from our website or from OUCH, the Cluster Headache charity. We also have information about Cluster Headache in our library and information centre.